Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Obession Can Be Dangerous and Oh So Rewarding

I got a brand new car in 2006. I bought it when we were in Guam. I did the Military Overseas Car thing, which is supposed to get you a better deal... you don't pay for tax, you don't negotiate on the price, and they give you a 100% price satisfaction guarantee. What could be better? Except for if you don't like what you purchased. From the moment we picked up our new car in San Jose, I wasn't happy. One could blame it on the 24 hours of travel with two kids. I am going to go with poor research and a very week V6 engine. Try traveling through the mountains with that crappy of an engine.

When we went to AZ to visit my inlaws, they had bought a new car... a 2006 Nissan Armada. From the minute that I saw it, I absolutely fell in love with it. I loved that there was so much room in it. After seeing their new car, I thought I would look into trading my way too small vehicle in. I'm sure all of you know, that doesn't make any sense to do that. I quickly figured that out. It was not to be.

Then, my newest friend, S, recently purchased an Armada which got my obsessive juices flowing. She got a great deal, which made me think that I could do the same. So, I decided to go have fun and deal. Usually, not a fun proccess, but when you aren't really in the market for a new car, it ends up being fun. I didn't need a new car... I wanted a new car. I was able to make it so that they made me need a new car. I love feeling like I had an advantage. My years in retail helped me out a lot when they neglected to list the headrest DVD system on the invoice. Oops. $3K advantage K.

Alright, enough about that. I got a new car, I love it and I think I got a great deal on it. Here is my monstrosity.


And before all the smart ass comments come, refer to the post below.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

It is a beauty and a beast at the same time...congrats on the new ride!

The A Team said...

Love it! Love the car, love that you got the best if dear Cardinale!

Anonymous said...

OK. Let me make you feel even better about your purchase. At least you did not move back to the states, buy a brand new house and a brand new car. Then, trade both the brand new items in for another brand new car and house. Of course both had to be the bigger better version.

Anonymous said...

I forgot to add this was done before both were a year old.

Jamie said...

are you still loving it? that's an awesome suv.

One Crazy Adventure said...

Yes, but dealing with the dealership (still) is not fun. Will have to post about that ordeal at some point.

amy said...

i love the ride, but lady, i know you've got more blogs in ya! write away, my friend! let's hear about sniffing through plastic! =)