Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Everyday is Blog-Worthy

And today was no exception. It was quite an adventure. Sit back, grab a cup of coffee and relax... this is going to take a while.

This morning we all got off to a late start. Today was pumpkin patch field trip day at school, so the first challenge was agreeing on something for e to wear. See, those of you familiar with my picky, picky girl, know that the ONLY thing that she will wear is dresses. And not just any dresses, they must be short sleeve dresses, and not just short sleeve dresses, but sundress dresses. And certainly not short sundresses... they must be long. God forbid that there is ever a mention of a shirt underneath a dress for added warmth. So, needless to say, it is quite a difficult task to outfit her in jeans and a t-shirt. Once we conquered that feat, we headed downstairs for the breakfast battle.

After deciding what she wanted to eat, she took the whole breakfast time to eat a whole two bites. Oh well. I had also forgotten to pack her lunch last night, so that added a couple extra minutes to our lateness.

KK has been feeling sick the past couple of days so I let her sleep as late as she could until I couldn't wait any longer. I finally got her up and dressed and downstairs. She whined and cried and had a fit when e was looking at her. Two off on the wrong foot. Super. I got her breakfast ready and some orange juice, which she downed like she had just walked through the desert. At this point, E came down to tell me to get my butt moving. KK cuddled up with him and her bagel, and then expelled it all over him. Ahhah! That's why she was so grumpy.

I grabbed everything that needed to go to school with us and ran out the door. Got e to school just in time and then ran back to drop Big E at school. You see, Tuesdays is uniform day and it's not too fun to ride your bike in your military uniform. I also happened to volunteer for e's field trip, so I needed to be back to school by 9. But I had one more small errand to run.

OK, so nothing is quite ever good enough. I love my new car, but decided that it needed leather and was able to get a good deal on a leather install. So, I headed back to the dealership that I have been at almost every day since I bought the car (too long of a story for this already long story). I was to drop off my new car and pick up my old car to drive for the three days that it takes to install the leather. Sounds easy enough, right? Wrong.

Of course, my old car was unavailable since it was given to someone else to drive. Something that i had to let slide off my back since that car is still not paid off... another story for another day, and I was in a hurry to get to the school. They told me that Enterprise would be there to pick me up in 10 minutes, and just like the commercial, they did. They brought KK and I (car seats, stroller, bags, etc.) to one location where we unloaded, went in and got the paperwork ready. Then we waited for another driver to pick us up and bring us to a different location to get the actual vehicle. Once there, I signed the paper and we were off to the pumpkin patch.

Not two minutes into the drive, the 'low gas' light dinged. Naturally, I was on a road void of gas stations. Thankfully, the fumes carried me to the patch within seconds of the buses pulling up.

But I have saved the best for the last. What did they put me in you ask? My absolute most hated car of all time...


The PT Cruiser.


Complete with nasty stains and that smell... uggh, that smell.

Needless to say, I do have yet another call into the dealership for them to get me out of this thing.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am soooooo crackin’ up right now!!!! A PT Cruiser? Ew. I am so with you on that!

Man, how do you do it all? Wonder Woman you TRULY are! J

Thanks for the laugh –

kmm said...

Ughhh a PT cruiser. I had to laugh when I looked out front and saw it. T and I both loathe those cars....

amy said...

gotta love those mornings. can't believe you pulled it all off! kudos, my sista! is kk feeling better now?

One Crazy Adventure said...

KK is better (minus the runny nose) but e is home from school two days in a row... drugged and camped out on the couch. Happy Halloween!!

Jacinda said...

Poor little e has never lived in cold weather has she? Your next move will be a rude awakening I'm guessing. : (

Jamie said...

PT Cruisers are awful! i used to travel for work and would always end up with one of those or a mini van. i hope they set you up with something MUCH better =)