Monday, October 29, 2007

The Hummingbird, Jagman and Robb


Our life is crazy. Since we move every three years or so, it's hard to make good friends and more importantly, lasting friendships. So, when you find someone that is even remotely like you or your good friends, you dive right in and spend ridiculous amounts of time with them. Time is short, so you make the best of every minute that you have. And, you're lonely so every minute that you are able to talk to some one is oh so nice. I have been fortunate enough to meet some great people throughout E's career, but few of those friendships last. That's where my friend The Hummingbird (HB) is different.

A little background for you. Her name is actually Jenn. E gave her the nickname, 'The Hummingbird' (for those of you that know him, that is no surprise to you). See, the first time that E experienced Jenn in all her glory, I was gone. She rang the doorbell and before he even got the door all the way open, she was in our kitchen. She's that fast and as frightening as a small bird is, as E would describe it. I still remember the phone call from him. 'Dude, what's wrong with your friend? I didn't even see her move. She scares me. Tell her never to come to our house again. I don't want to be alone with her... EVER!'

That's exactly what I love about her. She's fast and efficient and organized. I couldn't have found a more perfect friend.

She's also the best gosh darn hairdresser that I've ever had. She had a salon in her house, two doors down from us. I could call on a weekend and walk over a couple minutes later. She cut both of our kids' hair and gave kk her first haircut. When will I ever find that again?

Then there's Jagman, her son. e and Jagman became fast friends too. They both were off of school on the same days so they would run back and forth between our two houses and we took turns watching the kids. I had Tuesdays, and she had Thursdays and then lots of other days back and forth. The two of them were inseparable. Neither of them could function without the other... 'I'm bored, when's he going to be home?'.

And then there's Robb. Just about one of the nicest guys that I have met. He is fabulous with kids and was so good to ours. He's in the Airforce, so the likelihood that we will all be stationed together again is fairly slim.

They moved at the end of August and things just haven't quite been the same. e has made another really good friend at school, but they don't live nearly as close. My hair couldn't be in worse condition and now I have to wait until December for our drive across country... we are stopping in NE for a family hair cutting session. Strange, I know. But it's hard to trust just anyone with your hair. Ladies, I know you know.

Anyway, we miss them and wish them all the best in their new adventure

4 comments:

amy said...

That was sweet! And what a great pic. Did you take it?

The A Team said...

Totally feeling your pain. Glad we found you guys to help soften the blow for us!

One Crazy Adventure said...

No, I didn't take the picture. But the quality of my pictures are just as superb.

And thank you to my other great friends that I have here for making this place all that much nicer. I am creating a fabulous blog dedicated to each and every one of you!!

Jamie said...

=( can you imagine how difficult it would be to stay in touch with friends like her without the internet? although, i don't think you can get a hair cut through email... i know i am not looking forward to finding a new hairdresser in a couple of months. that's awesome that you get to go visit.