Tuesday, November 20, 2007

You Didn't!?!

I did! I took two 2 year olds to the grocery store today. Why in the heck would one do that you ask? Here's why:

See, today I was watching one of the members of the'A' Team so that my great friend S could pick her parents up at the airport without having to confine the bug for too long in the car.

And this was the conversation between E and I this morning:

E: 'Are you going to the grocery store this morning?'

Me: 'Umm... probably not until this afternoon, I have L this morning.'

E: 'You don't need to get that much stuff, right?'

Me: 'No, not really. I guess maybe two in a car cart is better than one.'

And then my warped brain started thinking. You see, he threw down the gauntlet. You want to throw any sort of crazy challenge at me, I'll take you up on it because that's the way I roll. I was feeling Wonder Womanish this morning and I figured, I can do that no problem. Others wouldn't do it, but me, I can do it... and just watch, I'll prove it.

And $90 and two cookies later, we were out the door with my last minute Thanksgiving purchases. Whew! One more thing I can cross off my list.

Yep, KK, you're not the only one that feels that way. (By the way, did you notice the filth on the car? No wonder the kids are always sick.  Sorry, S, I should have sprayed her down with Lysol before giving her back.).

5 comments:

amy said...

would have been even better had you worn the wonder woman costume. i would LOVE to see the looks in the comm.! and that car cart has not seen a wet one EVER!!! gah!

kmm said...

As I said earlier toady, I admire you so much for taking the two of them to the store. I definitely was shocked to see you there this morning:)

The A Team said...

They look so harmless.... I know better... I try to avoid taking the bug to the commissary... You are one CRAZY brave woman...
Thanks again!

Jamie said...

wow... i can hardly handle myself at the commissary. i'm very impressed that you did it with two 2 year olds! you are my hero =)

Unknown said...

Didn't they teach you in school how to react to taunting. Not all gauntlets need to be faced down! Sometimes it only encourages more. Of course, with calm mild KK I see how it was not a problem!