Saturday, November 24, 2007

Girls Day Out

Our long time Navy friends, R, JC and baby C came to visit us for Thanksgiving and we have been having a wonderful time.

R and E headed up to Palo Alto for the Notre Dame/Stanford game this morning, so we had a girls day out. Today was a gorgeous day here on the bay and we decided to go down to Fisherman's Wharf to bark at the seals... and they barked back.

Here are a bunch of seals warming themselves in the sun. This technique still amazes me.

Here's our model-to-be.

And her 'monarch'... 'I know it's a monarch Mommy because of the orange and black and white'.

We headed over to the Coast Guard Pier to find more seals... and did we ever. I have never seen them this close up... we could have pet them (probably not advised, so we didn't). I think they were actually posing for the camera.

I could have shot pictures all day.

Here are JC and cute baby C... and lots more seals.

'Come by and see me real soon.'


5 comments:

amy said...

Great pics! Looks like you had a great time. I can't believe you saw that many seals--jackpot!

blunoz said...

Great pics. Isn't it amazing how far across the bay you can hear them barking? There's a lot of great scuba diving in there, too. There used to be a pretty big octopus that lived in those rocks by the Coast Guard pier.

Jacinda said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Mom said,
Makes me lonesome for the ocean. Awesome pictures. Nice to see R's wife & baby C.

Jacinda said...

We are home safe and sound and going through Wii-thdrawal. Thanks for a great weekend. I'm so happy that we saw you all before you left California.

reposted because I can not spell.