Thursday, November 8, 2007

Good Morning from the East Coast!

For those of you who don't know, E and I on vacation, I mean 'house hunting'.

After 13 hours of travel, we finally made it to our hotel. But it didn't matter how long it took because we weren't dealing with kids and strollers and car seats and pack-n-plays and diaper bags and and and. Our flights were a pleasure. I was able to sleep and work and sleep and complete a whole entire crossword puzzle... unheard of!

After driving 2 hours south, we finally were on the main strip through town and were welcomed by all of my favorites... Target, Pier 1, Old Navy, and so much more. I think we are going to like it here.

This morning we were able to sleep in until 8:30, well really 5:30 PMT, but who cares. I had the most enjoyable shower where no one was trying to get in it or throwing something in the shower with me or constantly opening the curtain to tell me something... just me and my hot shower. Then, I dried my hair with a gentle breeze called the Oster 1200 Watt hotel drier... and it didn't matter how long it took because nobody needed to get to school or be fed or changed or anything. And E couldn't care less because he is currently be held prisoner by the latest Dune book and won't be released until it has it's way with him.

We are heading to the housing office in a little bit to see what they have available and then off to a couple of house appointments. BUT not before we go to the NEX to pick up a disposable camera since we didn't bring either of our digitals. I have no idea how we didn't... I even promised e that I would bring her pictures of her new house. I am a wonderful mother... on top of things, I am.

More later...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Who could blame you for forgetting. Vacation, alone! I think it has been two years since I've seen one of those.

Unknown said...

We, on the other hand, are working those schedules and smiling all the time. Just got back from Wharf and lunch and kk was asleep before we hit the door. Had great fun. When we pick up e, we have promised a trip to Target to do our part for the economy of this area.
Enjoy E&K!