Sunday, August 5, 2007

I'm in Love!!!!


Yes, with this man, but that's not what I'm talking about. Just look at what he is holding.

I think I might have mentioned that I obsess. Anyway, we have been wanting to get a new camera for quite a while. I can't even tell you how long 'a while' has been. We have looked at countless websites and read several thousand reviews and finally decided that we needed to take the plunge and upgrade. We purchased the Nikon D80 digital SLR with the 18-200 mm VR lens from a sort of shady internet source (that's a story for a different day) and we couldn't be happier.


Do you see the size of this lens? It's marketed as a 'compact' lens.
Let's take a look at what this baby can do.


Here is our cat Buddy with our Sony 5.1 MP camera. Not too shabby.


This is buddy with this fabulous work of engineering. Good Lord! This is what I have been missing out on.


The other fun thing that we purchased was Adobe Photoshop. Look what I did with the first 5.1MP picture.


I did the same thing with Nikon picture.

Our picture taking has reached a whole new level.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

The detail is amazing. I actually think the color is better on other one as it is more vivid. Your shots will be even better now. Ickey is on my lap and she wants to be photographed.
Hanging ceiling tile today and biker friends come tomorrow so we have a deadline.
I made scrumptious zucchini bread and carrod cake yesterday.
Copied and pasted your recipe and spell check did not like your spelling of avocado!
Later, LLN

One Crazy Adventure said...

I don't think spell check would like your spelling of carrot either! :)

amy said...

laughing about avocado. it takes the in-laws to point it out with love. heehee! maybe you should reshoot the guac with the new camera, then send it over to see if it tastes better, too. =)