Thursday, September 6, 2007

Do You Ever Have One of Those 'What Did I Miss?' Moments?

Yesterday, I went to IKEA, quite possibly one of the coolest stores AND I was all by myself, which made the experience oh so much nicer. I spent a good hour and a half browsing and putting random, non needed things in my big yellow bag, the majority of which were organizational items... I was in heaven!

I finally made it to the end of my maze and was ready to check out. The not so friendly associate efficiently rang up my purchase and the asked me, 'Would you like to purchase some plastic bags today?'. Huh? What did I miss? So I intelligently say, 'You mean to put my stuff in?' and she looks at me like, Duh! It's been a while since I've been to IKEA, maybe a bit too long. I did not know that stores were now charging for plastic bags. Good for them. Way to make a stand on environmental issues.

So, instead of littering our world with more harmful plastic bags, I opted to purchase the take home version of the big yellow bag... but it's blue instead. Now the girls are fighting over the darn thing. Had I not been so confused at the time, I would have purchased two. I guess there will have to be a next time.

3 comments:

kmm said...

I would have just stood there confused and wondering if I was having a blonde moment or something.

amy said...

okay, lady...let's just all agree the IKEA IS the best store on the planet. and without kids, even better. did you miss the signs? they have it posted, but by the time you wind your way around to the cash registers and see the looming lines, it's a little hard to concentrate on the signage. at least you hadn't been there for a while. last time i went, i knew, and left my bags at home. glad the commissary isn't doing that. oh wait, they are! forced tipping pays for the bags.

Jacinda said...

Im due for a trip. I need one of those cool book/magazine shelves (like they have at the doc office) for Clare's nursery. Love Ikea. Can't make it out without buying paper napkins in a fun pattern.