Thursday, August 7, 2008

Ketchup, Part 2

I figured I would take this rare opportunity while KK is still sleeping (day 2 in a row that she has slept past 6:30) to post something quick.

Marine Corps Marathon here we come!!

E had already decided a while ago that he was going to run the marathon. Then, while over at a friends house, I met a girl that lives a few houses down from us... she was looking for a running partner and we figured out that our pace was pretty close. And then, she asked if I wanted to run the marathon with her and my few glasses of wine spoke up and said, 'I'd love to!!' I'm not sure why or how I thought it would be a good idea to run a marathon since I had never run more than 3 miles in my life but I am going to attempt to.

We are currently in week 7 of our 18 week training program. The marathon is Sunday, October 26th at some horribly early time... so if any friends or family want to come out and watch the kids, let us know!!

We'll keep you posted as it gets closer and give you our bib numbers so you can keep track of us online.

Wish us luck!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope our paths cross at MCM! I think you'll really enjoy the event, its easy to get caught up in all its about, the sights, all the runners with "in memory of..." on their shirts, etc.

How is your training going?

The A Team said...

You GO girl. I run on Wii Fit does that count? I didn't think so....
Still miss you tons.

Jamie said...

that's awesome! i totally wanted to run the MCM this year, but i'm in a wedding that same weekend. can't wait to hear how it goes! are you running in the super early morning?