Saturday, April 5, 2008

SUKANDA!!

Moving is hard. It stinks. Having to start over every 3 years, give or take, really can take it's toll on you.

And the worst part about it?? Consoling your kids because they miss their friends, adjusting to the new neighborhood/house, finding activities and schools for the kids, unpacking, dealing with move damage... the list can go on and on.

Nope, not one of those things makes me fear moving.

Finding a hairdresser... now that frightens me. Especially when you live in the land of the mullet... women included. There is no discrimination here. After looking at everyone's hair for the past 3+ months, I was very distraught. I had not seen one person that I wanted to find out where they got their hair cut. Then, while on a field trip with e's school... it happened. I finally found someone who had cute hair. I immediately and shamelessly marched right up to her and asked her who cut her hair. Thankfully, being a military wife has helped me to abandon all reservations and not feel strange at all going up to complete strangers and asking them anything.

Enter, Sukanda (cue harps and choir signing 'Ahhhh').

She is a cute little lady from Thailand that does a wonderful job cutting hair. After seeing her work, I was confident enough to let her not only cut 4+ inches off my hair, but she also thinned it for me.

Whew, one more thing checked off my list. MD is getting closer and closer to home every day.

7 comments:

The A Team said...

So,,,,, Where's the pic of the new do? You have the greatest hair ever, I would be nervous to let anyone touch it as well!

blunoz said...

Congrats on yet another PCS milestone!

Chastity said...

MD is the land of the mullet? I'd have never guessed! Congrats on finding a great hair stylist. I've never had to deal with that since my mom owns a salon.

Pink Sun Drops said...

I can't even imagine having to move every 3 years! I guess I've done it so far, but knowing it was coming might freak me out a little more.

amy said...

congrats on the hair and little sukanda! i'm sure she's just as good as my michael. okay, so i'm sure she's not...just kidding. she's thai good...he's gay good. apples and oranges, right? kudos on the cut, though. so daring!

Anonymous said...

Ah, a good stylist is like the quest for the Holy Grail!

Now where are pix of the 'do?! :)

Caffienated Cowgirl said...

Bravo! I always tell people the hardest part of the move is finding a new stylist. When I found one here, who is fabulous btw, it was like choirs of angels sang from above :)