Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Spring in the East

Ahhh, Spring has officially arrived on the east coast. The cherry blossoms are everywhere and are beautiful!!

Last weekend, we headed up to Washington D.C. to play tourist. We parked our car at the closest Metro station and jumped on the train... 'Bullet train, bullet train, yeah' (parents of young children: name it)... and headed to The Mall.

We did all of the touristy things... we went to the monuments, The Smithsonian Air & Space Museum (one museum was one too many with the girls), had street vendor hot dogs for lunch and looked at the thousands of beautiful blossoms.

We also enjoyed the many, many kites that were flying.

Turns out that last Saturday was the first day of the Cherry Blossom Festival, complete with a kite flying competition. Had we have known, we would have never gone... the amount of people on The Mall was insane. We are so glad that we went though. One more adventure under our belts.

These cool pictures were edited with Photoshop, which is one of my new favorite things. I can't wait to see what more I can do with it... stay tuned!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to get there to see them myself.....and smell the fragrance. The pics are awesome!

Jacinda said...

Pretty Pretty! Makes me miss DC just a little.

blunoz said...

Aw, we miss the cherry blossom festival! What a beautiful time to visit DC. I can imagine your shock arriving there not knowing it was cherry blossom festival time and encountering the crowds on the mall. Great pics, too.

The A Team said...

Gorgeous Pics!!!!! So odd that my two favorite families were there the same time, same place, and don't know each other. You may well have crossed paths. Small World.

Reed said...

Wow. It is beautiful!! BTW: You won an award over at Seven Seeds. Please email me so that I can get you the button code :)
Have a beautiful day!

Chastity said...

The cherry blossoms have been in bloom here for a few weeks, and they are just beautiful. One day, I'm going to actually make it up to D.C....can't believe I've never been.

Caffienated Cowgirl said...

Great pics! With all the times I've been to DC, I've never managed to be there for the festival...oh, someday :)

kmm said...

what beautiful pictures! I wish I was there on the east coast. Only 2 1/2 years till I get there. Hope you all are doing well and have recovered from all your recent travels.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful pics! Lucky ya'll!

Leigh Ann said...

Hey, this is Leigh Ann Hasley, a friend of Amy and Craig's. I saw on there you are playing with photoshop. If you ever need any help or have questions feel free to commnet on my blog or email me!
Loved the kite picture!

Sagey said...

Beautiful Cherry Blossoms. We sure had fun the one time we went in for them (it rained every other year for us).