Thursday, June 5, 2008

Conversations with Kids

I have to admit, one of my favorite things about being a parent is getting to see the world through our kids eyes. Sometimes I have no idea where they come up with some of the stuff they say.

This morning while getting the kids ready, the conversation went like this:

Me: 'KK, come here, be a good listener and let's get you dressed.'...she actually listened for once and came over to me.

KK: 'I'm so proud of you Mommy.'

Me: (confused look)

e: 'Congratulations on being a grown-up!'

Me: (still confused look) 'Huh??'

e: 'Well, you've been alive for a really long time. I mean, they didn't even have cars when you were born.'

Me: (laughing) 'I'm not that old.'

e: 'Oh yeah, Grandma & Grandpa are pretty old... they definitely didn't have cars back then.'

After thinking a little more...

e: 'Were Grandma & Grandpa in the war?'

Me: 'What war?'

e: 'You know the one that happened a million years ago?'

---------------------------------------

On the way home today, e noticed that a lot of people were mowing our neighbors lawn.

e: 'How come a lot of people have people mowing their yards?'

Me: 'Well, some people have a lawn service to do it for them.'

e: 'How come we don't have one? Oh! We do... it's Daddy!'

----------------------------------------

We had a storm here last night with lots of wind, rain and according to KK...

'Lighbening and Blunder'. 'Can you save me from the blunder Mommy?'

----------------------------------------

Now, if I ever get any of this on video, that would be so much better. On the old note, is it still even called video anymore??

5 comments:

Chastity said...

I love posts like this. So funny!

Anonymous said...

Adorable! I love that they think war was a MILLION YEARS AGO. lol

Anonymous said...

Kid quips are the best!

The A Team said...

Yes, I must hear their voices.... Love it! Can you send us some lightning and Blunder? We miss those lovely storms, bored with fog...

Caffienated Cowgirl said...

Blunder? Man, I wish I could get someone to save me from blunder(s)! :)