Friday, May 2, 2008

Random Thought Friday

So, this is the first time that we have had an actual mailbox since we moved from CT in 2001. Apartment mail, post office box in Guam and community mailboxes in CA. Anyway...

I do a lot of looking and thinking when I walk the dog and I started focusing on everybody's mailboxes. Hey, I didn't say I was doing great or profound thinking.

What I found was that every single mailbox has this on it...


What happens if you have one that isn't approved by the Postmaster General? Will they deliver your mail? Is anyone crazy or daring enough to find out? Do ya think?? I wonder...

6 comments:

Jamie said...

ha ha! would you believe that i worry about this very thing? our mailbox is NOT approved by the postmaster general! i should take a picture... it looks like a barn. since we are renting, i don't exactly feel comfortable changing it. plus, we haven't had any problems getting our mail. i'm guessing that since the mailman has been on this same route for the past 20 years, he doesn't have a problem with our rouge mailbox.

Jamie said...

oops. "rogue"

amy said...

this is our first real mailbox in a long time, too. ours, however, is hung up so high on the side of our house, i look like an idiot trying to jump and see if i got it all. what baffles me is my landlord is not any taller than me. so i wonder who got the bright idea to hang it that high?1?! it's a little envelope-type box, so not sure that it's really approved, though our mailman keeps on delivering!

Anonymous said...

LOL Ours doesn't, and we "sometimes" get mail...our guy sucks!

Anonymous said...

I think you get busted by the same secret police that enforce the "do not remove under penalty of law" tags on pillows.......................
PhilPop

Caffienated Cowgirl said...

That's a riot...perhaps it is ergonomically correct for opening or something :)